Museum of first jets

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
teddybeer

Museum of first jets

Post by teddybeer »

From left to right and up and down

* Heinkel He 178 V1 (3d printing kit from V1 Models cast in metal)
* Heinkel 290 (finished metal model from Creations Chaubet)
* Caproni-Campini N.1 (Kamide Koro Koro resin kit cast in metal)
* Heinkel He 162A (Mr Toki metal kit)
* Messerschmitt 262 (finished metal model from Creations Chaubet)
* Messerschmitt 163 Komet (F-Toys model cast in metal)
* Horten Ho 229 (3D metal print model completed with landing gear and painted)
* Bell P-59 Airacomet (finished metal model from Creations Chaubet)
* Gloster Meteor Mk.III (finished metal model from Diverse Images repainted and redecorated)
* Gloster Meteor Mk.III ((finished metal model from Diverse Images)
Jet Museum.JPG
<

MikeV

Re: Museum of first jets

Post by MikeV »

Great display Yves!

You may have spotted I have a liking for early jets - especially the German ones - The Horten looks futuristic even now. It also shows a recurring theme that 144 does so well - groups and collections.

Right from our early days with Terry's British helicopter and Schneider trophy collection, David's fire Bombers and the history of various manufacturers, De Havilland, Blackburn, Scruggs. More recently the Spitfire and Dassault groupings - it's definitely what we are good at!

TerryP

Re: Museum of first jets

Post by TerryP »

Nice work Yves, beautifully finished. As Mike suggests our scale is perfect for displaying collections, histories and groupings, it couldn't be done in the larger scales. When I put some resins in my collections I notice the weight that I have to transport increases, with your metal models the weight must be very noticeable in your collections. It is very nice to see a different medium.
Terry