T.I.D. 164

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
MalcolmR

T.I.D. 164

Post by MalcolmR »

Hi all
Just completed my second NeOmega model of the T.I.D. tug This time I have completed it as T.I.D. 164 as preserved at the “Medway Maritime Museum” Chatham Docks. Obviously, a different paint scheme and a few additional parts added. Also have tried a different water base. (The” Scenic,s Water” system is rather expensive) so have used a “Faller” transparent plastic embossed sheet and “Scenic,s Water” system “Making Waves” gel to blend the tug and water base together. Little bit of paint under the sheet plus a smattering of white paint to create the impression of waves. Not too bad if I say so myself. (A lot cleaner and easier than measuring & mixing clear resin) completed using some of NeOmega merchant navy figures. Placed in a small display case to keep them out of trouble collecting dust.
TID 164 029.JPG
<
TID 164 026.JPG
<
TID 164 015.JPG
<
TID 164 009.JPG
<
TID 164 002.JPG
<

Next up is the NeOmega model of the HDML. Looks beautiful but the 3D printed parts look delicate.

MikeV

Re: T.I.D. 164

Post by MikeV »

Hi Malcolm

I didn't know that faller water texture was still about - I'll seek some out. Lovely job!

Re the NeOmega HDML it was at Telford - it looks stunning and I would have got one except that British Phantoms had somewhat blown the budget! I know at least one member of the 'Yacht Club' was unable to resist mind.....

Tim R-T-C

Re: T.I.D. 164

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Lovely work on the ship and good basework too, looks very effective.