Keighley - 17th September 2023

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
Tim R-T-C

Keighley - 17th September 2023

Post by Tim R-T-C »

So the SIG world tour rolled into my home town and my local club's show

We took over two halls of a local school and moved a lot of tables!

Precision engineering

Lots of serious discussions

Also pie!

But without much fuss, all was complete

Show day.

The food van was a massive hit.

Competition judging was intense.
Last edited by Tim R-T-C on Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim R-T-C

Re: Keighley - 17th September 2023

Post by Tim R-T-C »

As for the SIG. Due to some insider dealing (of which an internal investigation has absolved all those involved of any blame) the SIG144 was allocated four sets of tables giving, possibly our biggest display area of all time.

A grand array of aircraft, including some obscure multi engine monsters from new member David F.

The 144 yacht club was present in full force, including Malcolm's lovely NeOmega resin constructions which attracted a lot of interest.

The Sci-fi corner

Emma and I contributed an array of vignettes.

A couple of nice 144th scenes on a club table.

Then all was done - a rapid dissembly of tables and the school was back to normal and we had the enjoyment of a very short drive home.

MikeV

Re: Keighley - 17th September 2023

Post by MikeV »

I suspect that with Terry showing over at Wings n Things we probably had more models on show on Sunday than the SIG has ever had.

My thanks to everybody concerned for what proved to be classic demonstration of the how the SIG can respond to changing situations. still an MRCS!*

We had anticipated a relatively small show. When David and Malcolm both indicated they'd like to show (bearing in mind they both do big things) there was the merest flicker of OMG at the thought of fitting it all in (show organisers tend to assume that as we are 1/144 we don't need much space)

Step forward Tim & Emma - thanks to their being local members they were able to negotiate extra table space at very short notice....out-flippin'-standing!

T &E were much tied up with show duties during the day but new member David Ferrari stepped manfully into the deep end fielding questions from admirers of his impressive line of Mr Boeing's exceedingly large aeroplanes. On the other side Malcolm was equally busy talking ships and seascapes, while Huw was constantly explaining that the Antonov was indeed the same scale as everything else on the display (clue's in the name)

Great day out for the SIG all round thanks everybody........two shows on one day and we are in IPMS magazine too!!

*Multi-Role-Combat-Sig