Leeds Model Show 2024

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
Tim R-T-C

Leeds Model Show 2024

Post by Tim R-T-C »

The Leeds Model Show 2024 (Wakefield & District Modellers)

This was the first show at the Leeds City Centre venue, opposite the Royal Armouries Museum and seemed to be successful with only a few small teething issues that were to be expected. It was great to see a number of families coming in to visit, hopefully inspiring a new generation of modellers.

Emma Jane, Huw and myself displayed. We only took one box of models each as we weren't sure how easy access would be, but in fact the city carpark is directly overhead the venue and the walk was less than Telford. However it is a city centre pay carpark, so a £8 charge for the period we were there.

Despite the more limited supply of models than usual, we still had Gundams, village scenes, F-18 Hornets and a wide variety of helicopters along with my vignettes which I was able to group around some themed coasters to spread them out slightly. My new Berlin 1945 vignette made its debut and garnered a lot of interest, as did the table as a whole throughout the show both from veteran modellers and newbie visitors.

Yes the venue had a bar 😁 and a Pizza Express next door which took care of an early Valentines Dinner too!

teddybeer

Re: Leeds Model Show 2024

Post by teddybeer »

And as a bonus, thanks to Ms Modeller, the video of the Leeds Model Show (SIG 144 is at minute 19.40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn-iKSluMfg