South Cheshire (Nantwich) 26/02/23 photo report

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
Tim R-T-C

South Cheshire (Nantwich) 26/02/23 photo report

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Emma Jane and I made our first solo SIG appearance today at the South Cheshire Military Modelling Club show in Nanwich.

The setting is across several rooms in a school and was impressively busy, with lots of non modellers in attendence too. The show has plastic models alongside model railways, large remote control vehicles and full scale historical reenactors.

We had a lot more space than expected, fortunately we had a good stash of models with us.

I had my entire 10x10cm canvas collection, including the Iraqi L-159 finished on Saturday evening and packed straight off the bench.

I also tried out a new display idea, custom photo coasters to introduce a specific theme. In this case, Soviet Aircraft of the Great Patriotic War.

Emma Jane had a selection of countryside scenes and Japanese Gundam robots to make for an unusual mix...

She didn't like the cold though!

A couple of highlights in scale on the other tables included this rarely built up Eastern Express Yak-24 with what I assume is an equally rare Armory vehicle.

And a nice airliner scene

MikeV

Re: South Cheshire (Nantwich) 26/02/23 photo report

Post by MikeV »

Congratulations! a super display. What an impressive debut show - and thank you both for so ably showing the SIG.