St Ives Sept 22

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
MikeV

St Ives Sept 22

Post by MikeV »

Two weekends running! Once more the famous three sallied forth (or possibly fifth - we are old) this time to Brampton's excellent St Ives show. Compared to last week we had a little more space but a completely different corner layout. We also tried to ring the changes a bit with our displays, I got Star Wars and the submarines out while David switched to his 'French prototypes' theme. Terry was able to take full advantage of an adjacent table courtesy of a 'no show' displaying some (very) early Veron models which provided the budding modeller with little more than a couple of bits of shaped wood and a three-view plan............you even had to provide your own penknife!....respect!

I must say I was conscious of being the only kit assembler present on our last two outings. Our scratch builders far exceed my skill set, demonstrate that the art is very much alive, and attract LOTS of interest and admiration - brilliant!
we were able to take advantage of the layout to produce a more open display than usual
<
we were able to take advantage of the layout to produce a more open display than usual
David's French extravaganza - and Beardmore inflexible making a welcome return
<
David's French extravaganza - and Beardmore inflexible making a welcome return
seen on another stand....so that's where those B-52s have been !
<
seen on another stand....so that's where those B-52s have been !