Tyneside 2022

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
MikeV

Tyneside 2022

Post by MikeV »

June 5th

A really great show to see back on the calendar - better yet Rob Sullivan gave us some extra space and the SIG rose to the challenge with gusto....we won 'Best Display' - and they don't muck about up their either - proper solid glass trophy it is too !

This is proving a bumper year for us - not only have we picked up awards for individual models at all the shows we've attended this year, but 'Best display /SIG' at all but MK (they didn't have one).

Showing for the first time with us Malcolm's breath-taking ship models were a major boost to what was probably the most diverse display we've put on to date. A very positive trend which includes Emma's expanding village (and the odd Gundam) Tim's mini vignettes, David Hart's beautifully crafted themes (Argentinian aircraft this time) and Huw's astonishing helicopter collection. Collectively we also mounted a 'Delta aircraft' display, a fair bit of armour and a plethora of Spitfires, vampires, Venoms, Corsairs, Provosts and Japanese floatplanes - not to mention a few submarines and a nod to Star Wars!!

Pictures below - (hope someone took some more - I only had my phone with me !)
Norther Show's super trophy
<
Norther Show's super trophy
general view - 208 models I believe
<
general view - 208 models I believe
the naval end!
<
the naval end!
Malcolm's superb Fletcher
<
Malcolm's superb Fletcher
some of the Deltas
<
some of the Deltas
Tim's vignettes
<
Tim's vignettes
the village continues to grow _ do we have a name for it yet?
<
the village continues to grow _ do we have a name for it yet?
part of David's display
<
part of David's display
Convair, Dassault and Supermarine
<
Convair, Dassault and Supermarine