Falkland War

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
teddybeer

Falkland War

Post by teddybeer »

Just in time....
Just in time for the anniversary of the Falkland War, 40 years ago...

I had originally planned a diorama based on this drawing....
Black Buck Cartoon.jpg
<
But that was impossible because of the weight of the Vulcan made of metal.... :(
So I had to choose something else, from these photos.
diorama Falkland img01.png
<
The Harrier and Pucara were cast in metal from kits Mark 1 for the former and Miniwing for the latter.
I forgot where the Scimitar is from (in metal) and the truck and Land Rover are 3D printed (for the truck I believe the manufacturer is Panzer Shop).
The figurines are from the Preiser brand.
For more info see here : https://144airbattle.blogspot.com/2022/ ... d-war.html
and more photos, see here : https://144airbattle.blogspot.com/2022/ ... art-2.html

But, without wasting any more time, we are going to present this diorama in the manner of Tim....

- Welcome to BBC One Four Four, the radio station that closely follows the fighting on the Falkland Islands.
Without further ado, we find our war correspondent there.
Hello Tim, you have covered many conflicts over several years. What can you tell us about what is happening in the South Atlantic?

- Hi there. I am indeed somewhere on the Falkland Islands but of course I cannot say more for security reasons.
I am accompanying an RAF detachment which has just taken possession of a secondary airfield.
The ground is not yet completely secure, deminers have just finished checking whether the wreckage of an Argentine plane, a ground attack Pucara, destroyed by the men of the SAS Regiment and left as a decoy on the edge of the runway, is not trapped, and an armored vehicle of the Blues and Royals ensures our protection against a possible coup of the Argentine soldiers.
Despite this, the 11th Independent Field Squadron of the Royal Engineers begins the first works to repair the runway which has been heavily bombarded.
After losing their equipment which was on the Atlantic Conveyor, our soldiers, who have a sense of “resourcefulness”, recovered equipment on the spot, including a batch of old PSP plates, Pierced Steel Planking from the Second World War, which we do not know how they got here, but which are perfect for creating a parking area for planes or helicopters.
Moreover, despite this work in progress, an RAF Harrier vertical take-off aircraft has just landed to refuel ammunition and leave..., proof that the fighting has priority.
Here is what I can say about the current situation, the good morale of the troops and the confidence in victory.
This is Tim, BBC One Four Four, live from a Forward Operating Base on the Falkand Islands, over to the studios.....

diorama Falkland img04.JPG
<
diorama Falkland img05.JPG
<
diorama Falkland img10.JPG
<
diorama Falkland img12.JPG
<
diorama Falkland img15.JPG
<

TerryP

Re: Falkland War

Post by TerryP »

Nice one Teddybeer, I thought it was a real report for a second or so.

Regards
Terry