It flies but also, it sails and it moves.....

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
teddybeer

It flies but also, it sails and it moves.....

Post by teddybeer »

Found on the Metallic Details site (see manufacturer section) a resin and photoetched kit of Crash Recovery Crane NP50.
No particular difficulties for the assembly except a certain fragility of the photo-etched parts and an installation of the lifting cables of the crane not very practical to achieve.
Here's the result....
IMG_1420.JPG
<
IMG_1421.JPG
<
Okay, but don't you think it's a bit sad as a presentation?
Come on, we will do as the friend Tim, we will tell a story .....

A Grumman F-14 Tomcat pilot, who sprawled beautifully on the deck of the aircraft carrier, next to a firefighter who extinguished the possible outbreaks of fire, looks without seeing the extent of the damage and the intervention of a Crash Recovery Crane NP50 which will move the plane to free the flight deck.
The pilot is already thinking about the shouting he will receive from his boss, and the mockery of the other pilots ....
IMG_1423.JPG
<
IMG_1424.JPG
<
IMG_1425.JPG
<
IMG_1426.JPG
<
Metal kit from Toki for the F-14, flight deck vehicle and personnel from Dragon, Coastal Kits aircraft carrier base, a lot of sweat and last but not least, some good insults..... :oops: :shock: :? :D :D :D

For more information, especially on building, see here :
https://144airbattle.blogspot.com/2021/ ... omcat.html

Tim R-T-C

Re: It flies but also, it sails and it moves.....

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Thanks for the story, it makes the scene complete 😁

MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Lovely job Yves - I have one of these in the stash but haven't dared build it as yet ( how did you get on with the window glazing?)! These cranes have been in use for many years so a big choice of crashed aircraft is possible. Agree about the backstory....that's going to cost a lot of beer in the Wardroom!!

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

MikeV wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:02 pm how did you get on with the window glazing?
Metallic Details provides a piece of rhodoid on which the windows of the crane cabin are drawn.
It must be folded so that it fits into the cabin uprights which are in photo etched (see photo)
IMG_1459.JPG
<
But, once cut and then folded, I could not get it to fit into the folded PE uprights.....

So, I had to cut each side of the window to glue them one by one in each side of the PE cabin (already built).

Then I glued the roof of the cabin and it was when I wanted to glue the cabin on the crane that the glue tarnished the rhodoid ... (but since there was also the framework of the cabin in PE, I could not put another glue). In fact, I shouldn't have glued the roof, and that way I could have cleaned the inside of the windows ....