More Airfix but not Airfix

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
TerryP

More Airfix but not Airfix

Post by TerryP »

Teddybeer, I liked your idea of using Airfix box art along with your 1/144th models of the the same subjects. So I thought I would join in with my Airfix vehicle kits or should I say shrunken copies off. We have been at shows and people have looked at them and said "Oh I've got those kits at home, I will have to have a go at them". I don't think so.
I would be interested to know what kit the Whirlwind is, I had thought about producing one myself, but not much point if one is already available.
Terry
Vehicles.jpeg
<
Vehicles wood.jpeg
<

teddybeer

Re: More Airfix but not Airfix

Post by teddybeer »

Sorry Terry, the Whirlwind is not a kit ....
It is part of the "dark side" of my collection.... fully finished diecast models...
It is a metal model from Diverse Images.
Sorry, I'm ashamed ... :oops: :lol:
But the good news is, you can do it as a kit....

I had not presented it yet, but I also made the Aec Matador Tanker and Bedord Refueller, the first on the basis of an Oxford model that I had to completely dismantle and then reassemble ... and the Bedford QL kit from Arrowhead Miniature, with resin tanks for both.
Airfix RAF Refuelling Set.jpg
<
Refuelling Service.jpg
<
The construction of the Matador can be seen here :
https://144airbattle.blogspot.com/2017/ ... anker.html

For those interested by the Aec Matador (an essential ....) I did a serious study .... :lol: :lol: : the quest for the ultimate Matador in 1/144 (with all the models available to date at scale or almost). See here :
https://144airbattle.blogspot.com/2015/ ... st-of.html

And I see you also did the Recovery Set with the Queen Mary Trailer... :lol: :lol:
I'm just working on it, changing a Bedford OYD from Arrowhead to Bedford OX. To see soon, at least I hope ... :roll:

I think I still see an Airfix lover .... :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

TerryP

Post by TerryP »

Very nice models Teddybeer, I had no idea these sort of models where available, I look forward to seeing your Queen Mary.
Terry

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

So, I'll try to do like Tim ...
Tell a story....
In late 1947, early 1948, the newly independent India ordered a batch of Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Tr.IX for its Air Force.
During a test flight, one of the factory pilots crashed, but the aircraft was not too damaged, it was returned to the factory for repairs thanks to the good care of the RAF recovery services.
Airfix Recovery Set2.JPG
<
Airfix Recovery Set.jpg
<
And to continue in the nostalgia of the Airfix era, a few vehicles .....
Airfix Raf Emergency set.png
<
Airfix Raf Emergency set2.JPG
<
Do you prefer red for firefighters ?
Airfix Raf Emergency set3.JPG
<
Another classic :
Well worn after several years of war in the desert, an Sdkfz 7 and its 88mm gun retreat towards Tunisia...
Airfix Sdkfz7 & 88mm.jpg
<
Airfix Sdkfz7 & 88mm2.JPG
<

So now, Terry, let's get down to business ...?
It's not well or serious to create such pretty models inspired by those of Airfix, and not to make them in resin to sell to buddies .... :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim R-T-C

Post by Tim R-T-C »

teddybeer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:40 pm So, I'll try to do like Tim ...
Tell a story....

So now, Terry, let's get down to business ...?
It's not well or serious to create such pretty models inspired by those of Airfix, and not to make them in resin to sell to buddies .... :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd buy a collection of resin vehicles from such a storyteller 😁

Raymondo53

Post by Raymondo53 »

Hello, I saw that AEC Matador Refueler link and made a couple for my dioramas. I made a Bedford one too. Most of the stuff in here is metal kit stuff though. I made the Pundit beacon for an airfield thing I was planning - but ran out of room.
MT Yard
<
MT Yard
Finding a fire appliance isn't easy - that one above looks excellent as does the QM.
Are they available for sale?

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

Raymondo53 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm I made the Pundit beacon for an airfield thing I was planning - but ran out of room.
Ahhhh, THE collector's problem... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love your collection.... :o
But where does the Matador model come from ?
Raymondo53 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm Finding a fire appliance isn't easy
Are they available for sale?
There is a 3D vehicle manufacturer that produces an incredible amount of Ground Service equipment: refuellers, ambulance, fire trucks, runway tractors, etc.
See the link on KG144 below with some pictures.
http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=6&t=7662
There is a list now a little old (6-7 months....) and it seems to me that he produced other models...

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

BREAKING NEWS:
Ray Rimes just made a website.....

https://rayrimesdesigns.com/

MalcolmR

Post by MalcolmR »

Just had a couple of models from Raymond to see what they are like. I have now just sent for some more. They are excellent. Love them.