Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994 (Arrowhead Minatures)

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
Tim R-T-C

Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994 (Arrowhead Minatures)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

The Arrowhead Warrior is a very detailed whitemetal casting complete with interior although no instructions or decals - for these I used a generic set from I94. Photos show the stencils used for UN lettering varied widely.

Weathering was Flory wash which I find really easy to use, particularly as it wipes off easily as I didn't want to go over the top with the dirt.

Figures are also Arrowhead whitemetal. Their modern range all have bases but they have a German WW2 tank crew selection designed for fitting into vehicles and after painting with the British Army four colour pattern, it was impossible to see uniform lines anyway. Ditto the bergens which are assorted WW2 tank accessories suitably painted.

The base is a candle lid (gifted by Emma) filled with clay, with a Faller model railway building blended in. In fact this I built about 20 years ago, left unpainted for an old model railway. With a bit of work I extracted it from its base and weathered considerably.

Snow is Tamiya and the ice effects are AK Interactive water effects which dry nice and cloudy.

teddybeer

Re: Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994 (Arrowhead Minatures)

Post by teddybeer »

I have the impression of seeing a "freeze frame" from the TV movie Warriors by Peter Kosminsky.
Great ... !!!!