UT-1 Floatplane (MikroMir)

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

UT-1 Floatplane (MikroMir)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Made this one just for fun, part of the well priced three plane boxing and my first use of brass etch for detail.

Even for 144th scale this plane is tiny!

Very much a short run moulding and the brass etch had different numbers engraved to those on the instructions, plus some decals never made it onto the sheet (I fancied the aluminium coloured version with red stripes on the tail but couldn't find this decal). But it generally went together without much issue.

I added Soviet stars and some white patches to the scheme on the instructions just because! It floats in a poster tube end cap filled with Vallejo still water with a 160th scale Preiser figure as the pilot.

MikeV

Re: UT-1 Floatplane (MikroMir)

Post by MikeV »

nice one Tim !

Mike

TerryP

Post by TerryP »

Very nice, something different.

Seeing your usage of the poster tube end reminded me that the caps for the Chocolate Ovaltine make quite good small model stands. Ok if you drink chocolate Ovaltine I suppose, there's no company logo on them.
Attachments
Whirlwind.jpeg

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

Tim R-T-C wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:43 pm sI fancied the aluminium coloured version with red stripes on the tail but couldn't find this decal
Don't be disappointed, Tim
It's a slightly sad livery .....
IMG_1233.JPG
<

Tim R-T-C

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Shiny 😁

Stick & Strings Joe

Post by Stick & Strings Joe »

Very Nice