Me309 V1, Augsburg 1942 - Brengun

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

Me309 V1, Augsburg 1942 - Brengun

Post by Tim R-T-C »

The Me309 prototype V1 at Augsburg testing airfield in mid-1942, receives a visit from a rather underwhelmed 6 Star General who was perhaps hoping for something rather more jet powered.

The Me309 is the recently released Brengun plastic kit. Its a short run kit with the usual sprue gate etc issues that result, but is definitely their best kit to date - even if the instructions are slightly vague. I've already picked up two more boxings to do later varieties.

They do make an etch set which seems to be mostly for the interior (which is RLM66 so hardly visible) and to refine the type's distinctive gear doors, but those on the kit are pretty decent so definitely not an essential add-on. I did however get the vacform canopies for next time so it can more easily be posed open.

Painting was with the AK 3G sets and all brushed. I can't vouch for the precise accuracy of the paint shades in the range, but they brush very nicely when simply thinned with water.

The staff car is another Brengun part - their resin staff car with the lovely etched brass flags - although the car windows are slightly odd - the windscreen is hollowed out but side windows are solid so need painting up. Figures are from Preiser.