El Salvador MD450 Ouragan (Miniwing plastic)

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

El Salvador MD450 Ouragan (Miniwing plastic)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

With space at a premium at model shows this year, I have picked up a selection of 10cm x 10cm canvas boards for even smaller vignettes!

1981, the brutal Salvadorian Civil War rages on - Soviet backed forces of the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front fight against loosely US backed Government Forces.

El Salvador purchased MD.450 jets from Israel to upgrade their Air Force after the 1969 Football War against Guatemala fought with piston engined aircraft. The jets were then used during the long civil war from 1979.

I picked up the new Miniwing plastic Ouragan at Telford and decided it would make a nice little mojo build after a difficult start to the new year.

Built OOB with the Salvadorian decals from the bagged Miniwing edition, I added some iron bombs from the AFV Club Corsair, mostly because the old sprues were nearby and they sort of matched some reference photos.

100% brush painted, including Vallejo chipping fluid to provide a well worn look and Oilbrushers for the panel lining and weathering.