Spanish Bf-109 F-4 with resin engine (Sun Detail)

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

Spanish Bf-109 F-4 with resin engine (Sun Detail)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

So I thought I should try the new Sun Details resin engines that have appeared on Hannants. The kit is technically for one of the long OOP Mark 1 early Gustavs, but it is visually identical to the engine of the F-4.

The resin kit had lovely detail but the instructions were rather vague, needed a lot of reference to real photos to work out the best orientation. The parts didn't fit too smoothly into the kit, but then it wasn't designed with the Sweet moulding in mind.

I'm pretty happy with the results, although sadly they don't come out well in photos (see it for real at SMW!). The closeups are rather brutal and show a lot of flaking of paint on the canopy which isn't very visible in reality. I decided to leave it as is since this was just a test build really.

Kit wise the Sweet model of course went together great and I used a decal sheet from Heroes Models with an interesting 1947 Spanish AF scheme. I decided that by the end of the decade these planes wouldn't be in the best shape so this is all but forgotten at the edge of the airfield.

Brutal closeup, brightened to bring out the engine detail.

F_IV

Re: Spanish Bf-109 F-4 with resin engine (Sun Detail)

Post by F_IV »

It’s a 1/144 scale model, with 1/48 scale attitude :D

Stick & Strings Joe

Re: Spanish Bf-109 F-4 with resin engine (Sun Detail)

Post by Stick & Strings Joe »

Excellent