Windsor

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
DH106

Windsor

Post by DH106 »

I thought this looked nice in monochrome for a 40s touch. I took the photo before final touching up and varnishing. This is the S & M kit (I got it fairly cheap) which is very much a mixed bag. The positives are that the resin moulding is extremely clean and the parts fit is good. The downsides are the vacform canopies and the very soft white metal parts. The sit of the model is wrong; the nose is in the air because of the long oleos. However I was able to make all four mainwheels touch the ground. I can't always make three points of an undercarriage touch the ground. (Think about that one.) I'm not sure you could make shortening the undercarriage work but it would be worth trying. The vacform canopies are very thin and I couldn't make them work. I filled them with Milliput and accepted that my usual convention of painted windows would have to stand. My next two models are also planned to be resins but I keep looking at the Spearfish for a scratchbuild. . .
Attachments
WINDSORMONO.jpg
<