Hellenic Air Force 1937 (Eduard & Minairons)

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

Hellenic Air Force 1937 (Eduard & Minairons)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Sedes, Thessaloniki, mid-1937.

An elderly Breguet XIX is prepared for a training flight, while businessman Giorgos Koutarellis is given a tour of the airfield and taken to see one of the Avia 534s he purchased and gifted to the Greek air force the year before.

The 534 is the lovely detailed Eduard kit complete with photoetch control panel (if you can see it!). The Breguet is the Minairons resin wargame kit from Spain - a rather basic 8 part construction but not a bad representation of this obscure type.

Stick & Strings Joe

Re: Hellenic Air Force 1937 (Eduard & Minairons)

Post by Stick & Strings Joe »

Beautifully Done.
I have some of the Minairons in the stash and they are a little basic but you have done a lovely job on yours.
Cheers
Joe M

Tim R-T-C

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Stick & Strings Joe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm Beautifully Done.
I have some of the Minairons in the stash and they are a little basic but you have done a lovely job on yours.
Cheers
Joe M
Thanks. Since it was my first build of one of the Spanish models I didn't really do any adaptations except to adjust the struts and add rigging. The thickness of the wings and parts is very evident next to the Eduard Avia.

I've got a couple more Breguets and several CR32s in the stash...

DH106

Post by DH106 »

Lovely!