Chinese Nationalist P47Ds (Platz)

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
Tim R-T-C

Chinese Nationalist P47Ds (Platz)

Post by Tim R-T-C »

So while browsing Martin's stand at the Bolton show earlier this year, I spied some lovely Iranian and Latin American decals for the P47D and had to pick them up, I also picked up three boxes of the Platz P47D kits to fit them too.

On digging the kits and decals out of the stash during Lockdown I discovered that the decals were not for the Razorback at all, but the Bubbletops 😕

So I had six P47Ds going spare 😯

So a thorough search online to find interesting schemes turned up this nice and easy all-drab Chinese Nationalist scheme. Now there is some dispute as to whether it really existed, but when isn't there!

Decals were borrowed from the Armory Polikarpov kits.

So I was perfectly content with this little build... until I found this photo.

So conveniently Eduard had just released their single plane bagging of the Platz Bubbletops, I had already planned to order 6 for all the Shelf Oddity decals, so added an extra to the order for good measure!

Since I couldn't precisely match the photo plane I added some variations to the scheme and left the American star and bars just visible through the drab paint.