Page 1 of 1

update update

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:15 pm
by MikeV
Looks like some tentative moves towards shows. Stoke are proposing a show provisionally booked for 15th August. We have requested a table if it goes ahead. We are also booked for Spalding in September.

If SMW is to go ahead we will presumably know in August.

In all cases perhaps members could advise if they are likely to attend?

Fingers crossed

Mike

Re: update update

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm
by Tim R-T-C
We'd definitely be planning to attend Stoke 😁

And of course Telford.

Re: update update

Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:12 pm
by TerryP
Can we have a date for the Spalding show.? Terry

Re: update update

Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:10 pm
by MikeV
Hi Terry

As per email the other day the date we have at the moment is 19th September.

Still await final confirm of course. We have registered that we would like to be there if it goes ahead

Re: update Brampton Model Show

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:24 am
by TerryP
I have spoken to Alec and he has assured me that IF the show goes ahead we will be at the top of the list for table allocation. However it is far from certain that it will go ahead and even if it does it could possibly be on a reduced scale depending on what regulations have to be put in place. There is a minimum level at which it would be run, this is because traders need a certain level of attendance before they will commit and their contribution is essential.
Terry

Re: update update

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm
by Tim R-T-C
Yes I think that is the great unknown at present.

A while ago on Britmodeller someone posted the terms that Bolton had been quote to run a show back in January (before the subsequent lockdowns) and it was very limited in terms of people allowed (cutting max attendance to avout 30% of those who attended in 2020) as well as requiring a lot of enforcement that, for volunteers, would be very onerous.

Re: update update

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 am
by MikeV
Tim R-T-C wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm We'd definitely be planning to attend Stoke 😁

And of course Telford.
As things stand (June ) we have NOT got a table at Stoke - they have quite rightly given previous attendees preference albeit we are on the list if any cancellations / spaces become available

Re: update update

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:36 pm
by Tim R-T-C
MikeV wrote:
> [quote="Tim R-T-C" post_id=521 time=1618159794 user_id=63]
> We'd definitely be planning to attend Stoke 😁
>
> And of course Telford.
> [/quote]
>
> As things stand (June ) we have NOT got a table at Stoke - they have quite
> rightly given previous attendees preference albeit we are on the list if
> any cancellations / spaces become available

Thanks, if it does go ahead I will probably be able to attend with the Keighley club as they were there last time, so I'll make sure to take some 144th with me!