update update

Where to see us
Post Reply
MikeV
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:02 pm

update update

Post by MikeV »

Looks like some tentative moves towards shows. Stoke are proposing a show provisionally booked for 15th August. We have requested a table if it goes ahead. We are also booked for Spalding in September.

If SMW is to go ahead we will presumably know in August.

In all cases perhaps members could advise if they are likely to attend?

Fingers crossed

Mike

User avatar
Tim R-T-C
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Re: update update

Post by Tim R-T-C »

We'd definitely be planning to attend Stoke 😁

And of course Telford.

TerryP
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Re: update update

Post by TerryP »

Can we have a date for the Spalding show.? Terry

MikeV
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Re: update update

Post by MikeV »

Hi Terry

As per email the other day the date we have at the moment is 19th September.

Still await final confirm of course. We have registered that we would like to be there if it goes ahead

TerryP
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Re: update Brampton Model Show

Post by TerryP »

I have spoken to Alec and he has assured me that IF the show goes ahead we will be at the top of the list for table allocation. However it is far from certain that it will go ahead and even if it does it could possibly be on a reduced scale depending on what regulations have to be put in place. There is a minimum level at which it would be run, this is because traders need a certain level of attendance before they will commit and their contribution is essential.
Terry

User avatar
Tim R-T-C
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Re: update update

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Yes I think that is the great unknown at present.

A while ago on Britmodeller someone posted the terms that Bolton had been quote to run a show back in January (before the subsequent lockdowns) and it was very limited in terms of people allowed (cutting max attendance to avout 30% of those who attended in 2020) as well as requiring a lot of enforcement that, for volunteers, would be very onerous.

MikeV
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Re: update update

Post by MikeV »

Tim R-T-C wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm We'd definitely be planning to attend Stoke 😁

And of course Telford.
As things stand (June ) we have NOT got a table at Stoke - they have quite rightly given previous attendees preference albeit we are on the list if any cancellations / spaces become available

Post Reply