Helping a Brother Out - Somewhere East of the Rhine, 1945

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
Tim R-T-C

Helping a Brother Out - Somewhere East of the Rhine, 1945

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Following the large scale Allied Rhine Crossing of Operation Plunder in March 1945, somewhere in Western Germany, a British paratrooper's jeep has taken a spin off a wet country road while on a supply run, but fortunately a passing US supply truck is at hand to recover them.

This diorama was inspired by the 3djson figure set of paratroopers loading a jeep onto a glider with some figures in pushing poses. I wondered how it could be included in a scene and this idea was born.

The scenery was built on my standard 10x10cm base with some cut up cork coasters doing most of the work, covered in Create and Sculpt paste - basically a premixed plaster goo.

This was topped in terrain paste an a tree was added, its an white metal armature from a Woodland Scenics model railway set.

Static grass always adds a lot of life and for the stream I used AK Interactive slow water paste, which dries transparent but with a good tint and is quite solid so doesn't need damming like using resin.

The vehicles are 3d prints from Paint & Glue Models which have nice detail. The figures are all from 3djson, two from the glider loading set and one Red Ball Express mechanic as the US soldier (there is a dismembered model railway figure driving the truck but is almost invisible).

With the addition of a nameplate from Name it Plates, all was done.