Peterborough (Stamford) show 03 March 2024

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
MikeV

Peterborough (Stamford) show 03 March 2024

Post by MikeV »

Yesterday the three Musketeers (Terry David & Mike, and before anybody says anything I'm Pathos) travelled the uncharted flatlands of Lincolnshire to a new venue and had a great day out.

Peterboro' show, confusingly, is held in a school (actually it might be an Academy) in Stamford. Having found it however we were directed to our designated space which came with a rather nice 'welcome to sig144' notice. It was actually a big show but spread over a number of sports halls and other spaces typical of a campus set up. A number of traders were present and we will confess to buying some books, decals and tools. LOTS of interest in the stand which essentially boiled down to three displays.

David showed his collection of prototypes and always a favourite, the Beardmore Inflexible - Terry majored on his frankly encyclopaedic collection of Meteors and his British helicopters including his still astonishing to me skeletal Westland Westminster. With both our senior scratch builders there there was a lot of interest and enquiries about 'where can I get that kit?' I tried to show the flag for kit-herders with Republic and Convair groups, some Japanese types, armour, a pair of Snow Speeders, the Vought Flapjack and the KFK on it's first outing - I think we can claim our display was genuinely eclectic!
overall view - space behind the back-to-back tables was.......errr.........snug.
<
overall view - space behind the back-to-back tables was.......errr.........snug.
David's prototypes
<
David's prototypes
Mike's assortment
<
Mike's assortment
Terry's meteors et al
<
Terry's meteors et al
Another Meteor accomplishment
<
Another Meteor accomplishment
ThunderThings
<
ThunderThings
David's Spearfish
<
David's Spearfish

Tim R-T-C

Re: Peterborough (Stamford) show 03 March 2024

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Looks like a good selection on display and thanks for holding the fort for us sprue, glue and paint modellers 😉

TerryP

Re: Peterborough (Stamford) show 03 March 2024

Post by TerryP »

Some more models that were present at the Peterborough show.
Weichow inc.jpeg
<
The Weichow incident occurred when Japanese A5Ms forced a British DH86 airliner down in 1938.
DH4Bs.jpeg
<
The DH 4s carried out some of the earliest in-flight refuelling.
Expery helis.jpeg
<
The helicopters are a history of British helicopter development.
Terry