So this is what started it all off.

Souvenirs, souvenirs...
TerryP

So this is what started it all off.

Post by TerryP »

cal and Kent.jpeg
It was at my first Telford, in fact one of my first ever model shows I exhibited my Short Calcutta and Short Kent on the Between the Wars Aircraft SIGs table. David Hart saw them and suggested forming a 1/144th scale Special Interest Group. David knew the ropes so in no time the group was up and running. Earlier in the year I had put feelers out about forming a SIG and I had got nowhere. I was also brand new to the IPMS, I had no idea of the proceedures. I had made 1/144th scale wooden models right from my school days. I couldn't believe that those who had built these incredibly detailed imaculately finished plastic models would have any interest in my hand carved wooden efforts. I was pleasantly surprised.

MikeV

Re: So this is what started it all off.

Post by MikeV »

Terry, your hand carved wooden models continue to be a wonder and an inspiration to this day - do you have a picture of the (unpainted) Short Mayo composite that was the subject of so much admiration ?

All this is down to you and David - what a long way we have come, thank you

Long may it continue!

Mike

PS found a picture of one of your 'solo' shows from 2012, Brampton I think - bearing in mind most (if not all?) of these are NOT kits but hand produced that's one helluva display!
single handed display by Terry - astonishing ! check out the Meteor perimeter!
single handed display by Terry - astonishing ! check out the Meteor perimeter!