Nautilus

Water, Earth, Stars and all the rest go here, whatif or whatever.
MikeV

Nautilus

Post by MikeV »

Don't get it to the shows very often, but the Pegasus Models Nautilus is a superb model if you come across one (I believe it has been re-released) It's a Steam Punk re-imagining of the vessel in the book - I think a better version than the Disney impression from '20,000 Leagues under the Sea'. everything you see is out of the box, I didn't even need to replace the anchor chains
deck area
deck area
It comes with a detailed etch and (thankfully) a full set of masks for the Victorian Conservatory observation windows

Biggest problem is finding what colour to paint a squid :roll: - a) they change colour, and b) most of the photos are dead ones !!
seabed view
seabed view
This model had a prototype lighting set from Tirydium models (see links). The production set might still be available. The model features an incredibly well detailed interior which is completely invisible unless you incorporate some lighting !! The electrics are concealed in the dummy book, wires are run up through the tentacles.
Interior includes bureau, bookshelves, drinks globe and even a mighty Wurlitzer!
Interior includes bureau, bookshelves, drinks globe and even a mighty Wurlitzer!
Mike