Blackburn Aircraft

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
dab

Blackburn Aircraft

Post by dab »

Two more Blackburn aircraft to add to the collection, both are again scratch built.

The first is the Blackburn Sprat a prototype built for specification 5/24 for an advanced trainer for the RAF and FAA. It lost out to the Vendace 1.
Blackburn Sprats.jpg
<
The second is the B20. Here the teachings of TerryP and his way with wood has been taken onboard and the whole of the model is wood, with the fuselage being Jelutong and the rest basswood.
Blackburn B20 (2).jpg
<
Blackburn B20 (3).jpg
<
Although the method of raising and lowering the pontoon worked the aircraft suffered from stability problems and crashed during a testing flight and the project was abandoned.

MikeV

Re: Blackburn Aircraft

Post by MikeV »

hi David

Good to see you back..................gosh they really knew how to make aeroplanes at Blackburn didn't they?

I will have to confess that I've never heard of the Sprat - nor for that matter the Vendace - must pay more attention.

Have you heard that the last remaining Beverley has been sold (Fort Paull having gone bust)and may end up as a Bijou holiday chalet?

Snowing here....damn......have to do some more modelling.................

teddybeer

Post by teddybeer »

dab wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 amThe second is the B20<
Stunning. And almost "modern" ....
Very nice work.
I can feel emulation between Dab and TerryP ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeV wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 pm Have you heard that the last remaining Beverley has been sold (Fort Paull having gone bust)and may end up as a Bijou holiday chalet?
Too bad
I remember making the trip between Harrogate and Fort Paul, driving alone for the first time in England, with a rental Fiat 500, trying not to get "run over" by the trucks going to the Hull Terminal, and arriving in this place out of time, and the Blackburn Berverley in the middle of the "place d'Armes" .....
IMG_4979.JPG
<

TerryP

Post by TerryP »

i love them both but the B20 is an interesting and original choice of subject, beautifully made and finished and all wood too.

Stick & Strings Joe

Post by Stick & Strings Joe »

Beautiful work again David.
Cheers
Joe M