McDonnell 119

Anything that flies goes here : fixed wings, rotary wing, airships and ..... balloons
DH106

McDonnell 119

Post by DH106 »

My first completed model for the hoped for SMW 2021. My theme will be "An Industry of Prototypes" and any SIG members who wish to join this will be most welcome. I define a prototype as an aircraft which never entered service; a Hawker Henley would not count but a Hawker Tornado or Hotspur would. If you decide to join the topic, it would be nice if you could label in the style you prefer but use the Franklin Gothic Italic lettering you see on the base here. My bases will be light grey on glossy photo paper - I am not going for a diorama style this year but others may prefer this.
David
Attachments
2020 12 05_McD11901_0432.JPG
<

TerryP

Re: McDonnell 119

Post by TerryP »

A lovely original model David, you won't see many of them around. Would you like to describe how you constructed it? I would like to join you in your theme and I will attempt to produce similar bases. Can I assume that your definition includes "one Offs" that were built for purely experimental or development work and of which only one was produced?
Terry